The YinYanBand is fun & friendly ukulele group who love to spread joy & positivity through music & creativity!
We started in 2018 by giving away ukuleles & lessons to people with no musical experience. Now we perform at all sort of gigs, festivals & events – visit & like our facebook page for all our latest shenanigans!
We also run beginner sessions and courses in the best workplaces. It’s a powerful way of reducing stress while boosting your brain power, wellbeing, community & creativity – all thanks to the fantastic landlords we work with (including Capital & Centric & Bruntwood). Within 60 minutes total beginners are playing songs!
We announce public sessions on social media (use the links at the bottom of the page & don’t forget to like our facebook page to be sure you don’t miss out) otherwise our beginner sessions are private. When there’s a session available to you, you’ll be told what’s happening by your landlord/employer…you don’t need any musical experience, talent, ability or even a ukulele as we have ones you can borrow!
Check out the resources below and if you’re interested in a YinYanBand performance/workshop/course please contact us.
- Download the YinYanBand ukulele beginner info & song sheets – all you need to get strumming!
- The YinYan Band Songbook Ver 1 Oct 2019 (more than just beginner stuff!)
- Discover all the benefits of being in a band!
- The amazing D’Ukes of Hazzard (who helped inspire the YinYanBand) have an open jam session OPEN TO EVERYONE every Thursday from 8pm in Liverpool, more info plus their song book (and others!) here and their facebook page.
- Ukulele Wednesday have two open jam sessions every week in London and a cracking song book!
- The legendary Jim’s song book!
YinYan are workplace wellbeing specialists, providing convenient & friendly ways to feel great – if it feels good, we’re on it! Our yoga & pilates classes started in 2015, with the YinYanBand starting in 2018.