Wellbeing at work in Birmingham’s premier business location
From 8th July we are delighted to be back in the GROUND FLOOR at 11 Brindleyplace, with regular weekly Yoga classes until 22nd August – meet on the ground floor/ask the friendly staff on reception:
Tuesdays 12.15-12.55pm (40 mins) – Yoga with Lucy Keller
- Energise your day and feel good all over, no afternoon-slump for you! After a short warm up there will be a series of guided postures to work your whole body, then a short relaxation to finish leaving you refreshed and ready for the rest of your day. There will be clear instructions for all levels – total beginners are very welcome and you have the most to gain!
- Please arrive changed & ready – wear anything you can move comfortably in. Bring a bottle of water – mats available to borrow/bring your own.
- Tuesday 19th & 26th July; and 2nd, 9th & 16th August 2022.
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO SIGN UP IN ADVANCE – OR JUST TURN UP & JOIN IN!
Lucy Keller shares YinYan’s passion for giving people the tools to help them enjoy a healthy & happy life. Her own mindfulness & yoga practice lead to her becoming a teacher and she joins us from her role as Director of Mindfulness at United World College in Thailand. Kindness, non-judgement and curiosity are cornerstones of her teaching style and we are delighted to have her with us at 11 Brindleyplace.
In addition to onsite classes 11 Brindleyplace occupiers also get free & unlimited access to our online classes (that’s any class on the timetable below with ‘ONLINE’ in the title, they’re live & on demand, so you can still feel good whenever & wherever suits). You can drop in to onsite classes without reserving your place but we recommend booking in advance, signing up is easy:
- Visit https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ and “Create Profile”
- Email [email protected] with your name & email (the one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in 11 Brindleyplace…we’ll finish setting up your account then you can book any online/onsite classes on the class timetable below.
Onsite Classes & Covid Protocols
We can’t wait to see you! To keep everyone safe please:
- Arrive on time, changed & ready to practice
- Bring your own mat (we have communal mats you can wipe down & borrow if necessary but better to bring your own)
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when you arrive & leave
- Maintain social distancing, 1+m between students at all times
- Respect others, don’t come if you are unwell & always follow the teachers instructions
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example Yoga/Pilates classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Access Online Classes
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above!) For members of the public/non-tenants payment options are: Buy Now – unlimited classes £11.99 per week – this will renew automatically and charge you each week but there is no contract and you can cancel any time online or email [email protected]. Or 6 classes for £36 (use within 3 months). Or single class £8.40. All prices include VAT (VAT Registration Number 403 1509 46).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include Chair Yoga, Qigong and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can!