Wellbeing at work in Birmingham’s premier business location
Our weekly Yoga classes at 11 Brindleyplace are now in the brand new mezzanine ‘Event Space’
Wednesdays 12.10-12.50pm (40 mins) – Yoga with Nilda Eping
- Energise your day and feel good all over! After a short warm up there will be a series of guided postures to work your whole body, with a short relaxation to finish leaving you refreshed and ready for the rest of your day/week.
- There will be clear instructions for all levels – total beginners are very welcome and you have the most to gain (please discuss any injuries/medical conditions with us/your teacher in advance so we can keep you safe).
- We asked people who did our Yoga classes at 11 Brindleyplace how they were feeling on a scale of 1 to 10, before & after class…they went from feeling 5.9/10 before class (on average) to 9.7/10 afterwards – a 64% improvement.
- Please arrive on time – wear anything you can move comfortably in.
- Mats available for you to borrow (pre book in advance to guarantee a mat) or bring your own.
Nilda Eping is a dedicated Yoga teacher who shares YinYan’s passion for holistic wellbeing, giving people the tools to help them enjoy a healthy & happy life. Originally from Germany she trained in Costa Rica in 2017 and has experienced first hand the transformative power of Yoga in fostering mindfulness, health & inner calm. Her teaching style is kind & considerate and her classes include breath-work, strength, flexibility & relaxation techniques.
11 Brindleyplace occupiers also get free & unlimited access to our online classes (that’s any class on the timetable below with ‘ONLINE’ in the title, they’re live & on demand, so you can still feel good whenever & wherever suits). You can drop in to onsite classes without reserving your place but we recommend booking in advance, signing up is easy:
- Visit https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ and “Create Profile”
- Email [email protected] with your name & email (the one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in 11 Brindleyplace…we’ll finish setting up your account then you can book any online/onsite classes on the class timetable below.
We can’t wait to see you! Please arrive on time, changed & ready to practice (wear anything you can move freely in). Bring your own mat or borrow one of ours. Respect others, don’t come if you are unwell & always follow the teachers instructions.
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Access Online Classes
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include weekly Chair Yoga and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can.