Feel awesome in Liverpool’s coolest workplace
Thanks to top landlord Capital & Centric, our onsite classes are free for all tenants & their staff in Tempest on Tithebarn Street, Liverpool – Yoga classes now in ‘Kol Box’, in the basement of the cafe/bar/hangout Tempest on Tithebarn (who are so lovely they’ll give you 20% off all food & drink too):
- Every Monday 5.15pm (60 mins) – Gentle Hatha Yoga w/ Emma. A very friendly & inclusive class for all levels, perfect for those who appreciate a nice soft landing at the end of Monday, ideal for those working on/managing injuries, and a great option for people with limited/no experience (all levels welcome).
- Every Wednesday 5.30pm (60 mins) – Vinyasa Yoga (Flow) w/ Emma. A very popular flowing/vinyasa class that incorporates strength work, alignment, breathe awareness, deep stretches, balance postures and finally (best of all) relaxing! Wednesday’s are slightly more challenging & energetic than the Monday class but still open to all levels.
NEW Art & Music sessions in the Tempest lobby
To book your place at these Art & Music sessions please use the Eventbrite links below (or email [email protected] or just turn up and you’re welcome to join if there’s space):
- CLAY MODELLING – 5-7pm on the second Tuesday in November (14th), December (12th) & January (9th). A friendly & welcoming way to get creative & feel good! We supply all the materials & equipment, along with tips & hints of what you can make – a sculpture, coaster, pot, bowl, seasonal decoration…the possibilities are endless! Book your place here or just turn up & join in (if there’s space!)
- MAKE MUSIC WITH THE YINYAN BAND – 5-7pm on the third Tuesday in October (17th), November (21st), December (19th, festive sing-a-long!) & January (16th). Get the skills & confidence to start making joyful music and you’ll experience the feel good chemicals & rush you get from being in a band in a friendly & supportive environment. No experience or equipment required – we’ve got ukuleles, tambourines, kazoos & a triangle! The people who have done these sessions felt on average 95% better afterwards – how good will you feel? Book your place here or just turn up and join in. Find out more & download songbooks here.
- CHRISTMAS SOCIAL – from 5pm on Tuesday 19th December, this will include seasonal music (sing-a-long & performances) and bit of a party – after the usual ukulele crash courses for beginners at 5.30-6.30pm. Come for a friendly chat over a glass of something fizzy, enjoy a few festive tunes (we’re bringing the sleigh bells) and make your own seasonal decorations to hang from your tree…’tis the season! Book here or just come along – the more the merrier!
If you work in Tempest not only can you attend onsite classes at no cost (Yoga is free and donations are optional for the Art & Music sessions) and you also get FREE & UNLIMITED access to all our online classes, so whether you’re working from home or in the office we’re there to help you feel good!
Book your place for online & onsite Yoga classes using the links/instructions below – drop ins welcome at onsite classes as long as there is space. Please arrive on time changed & ready, bring your own mat/borrow one of ours, don’t come if you’re unwell & follow the teachers instructions.
To sign up tenants should:
1) Visit https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ & “Create Account”.
2) Email [email protected] with your name & email address (the same one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in Tempest…we’ll credit you with unlimited FREE classes then you can book your place for any online or onsite classes on the timetable below:
How to Access Your Class
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above!) For members of the public/non-tenants payment options are: Buy Now – unlimited classes £11.99 per week – this will renew automatically and charge you each week but there is no contract and you can cancel any time online or email [email protected]. Or 6 classes for £36 (use within 3 months). Or single class £8.40. All prices include VAT (VAT Registration Number 403 1509 46).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include Chair Yoga for Older People, Morning Tea & Tai Chi and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can! Be a Lockdown Legend!
Class Bookings via Mindbody App
Once you’ve got an account the easiest way to book is via the Mindbody app – just log in once, find “Yin Yan” and add as favourite, then in a couple of clicks you’ve got access to all classes. Please book 30 minutes before class start time to ensure that we can text you the link to your class.