Feeling great at work thanks to one of Liverpool’s most legendary office buildings
Thanks to Point Properties, we are very excited to invite you to onsite classes at the world’s first ever sky-scraper, Oriel Chambers (Covent Garden/Water St, Liverpool) CURRENTLY ON HOLD:
- ON HOLD FOR TIER 3 LOCAL RESTRICTIONS: Yoga (all levels) w/ Emma Davidson – Wednesday 12.30pm (45 mins). Energise your whole day and love your lunchbreak, no mid-afternoon slump for you! Join us for a short warm up followed by a series of guided postures to work your whole body and leave you feeling refreshed after a short relaxation to finish. Clear instructions will be provided for all levels, including beginners who are very welcome. ALL CLASSES CURRENTLY ONLINE!!!!!
Work In Oriel Chambers?
Thanks to your rather marvellous landlord, Point Properties, tenants in Oriel Chambers and all their staff can access the onsite classes AND all our online classes (listed below) for FREE!! You can drop in to onsite classes without booking but we recommend booking in advance, to sign up tenants should:
- Visit https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ and “Create Profile”
- Email [email protected] with your name & email (the one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in Oriel Chambers…we’ll finish setting up your account then you can book any online/onsite classes on the class timetable below.
Coming from another Building?
Book & pay in advance online. Then when you arrive please go to the COVENT GARDEN entrance of Oriel Chambers (opposite Beauty & Holistic Lounge); at the entryphone select “Yin Yan” and we’ll let you in; then take the stairs/lift up to the SECOND FLOOR and we’re usually down the corridor on the left – look for our sign on the door.
How to Access Online Classes
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above!) unlimited classes usually £9.99 per week – this will renew automatically and charge you each week but there is no contract and you can cancel any time online or email [email protected]. Or get 1 class for £7 or 6 classes for £30. (If you were already on a rolling monthly deal that will continue unless you cancel).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include Chair Yoga, Qigong and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can!