Wellbeing when & where you need it thanks to Liverpool’s best business address
Thanks to the landlord, Downing, we are delighted to invite you to our weekly onsite class at No.1 Old Hall Street in Liverpool CURRENTLY ON HOLD:
- ON HOLD FOR TIER 3 LOCAL RESTRICTIONS: Pilates (all levels) w/ Donna Unwin – Thursday 12.10pm (45 mins). This 45 minute class is open to all ages & fitness levels – learn how to use controlled, flowing movement in synch with your breathing to develop a strong core that supports good posture & alignment. Work as hard or as gently as suits you in the feel-good, mat-based pilates class. ALL CLASSES CURRENTLY ONLINE!!!!!
Work in No.1 Old Hall Street?
Thanks to your rather marvellous landlord, Downing, tenants in No.1 Old Hall Street and all their staff can access our onsite AND online classes (listed below) for FREE!! You can drop in to onsite classes without reserving your place but we recommend booking in advance, signing up is easy:
- Visit https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ and “Create Profile”
- Email [email protected] with your name & email (the one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in 1OHS…we’ll finish setting up your account then you can book any online/onsite classes on the class timetable below.
Coming from another building?
Book & pay in advance online. When you arrive please use the Old Hall Street entrance (next to Pret, opposite Moorfields station) and ask the friendly reception staff which floor the class is on when you arrive. Please follow pedestrian flow signage in the building.
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
To keep everyone safe please follow our Covid protocols:
- Arrive on time, changed & ready to practice
- Bring your own mat (we have communal mats that you wipe down & borrow if necessary but better to bring your own)
- Use hand sanitiser provided when you arrive & leave
- Maintain social distancing, we are aiming for at least 2m (the length of a yoga mat) between students mats
- Respect others, don’t come if you’re unwell and always follow the teachers instructions
How to Access Online Classes
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above!) unlimited classes usually £9.99 per week – this will renew automatically and charge you each week but there is no contract and you can cancel any time online or email [email protected]. Or get 1 class for £5.50 or 6 classes for £30. (If you were already on a rolling monthly deal that will continue unless you cancel).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include Chair Yoga for Older People, Morning Tea & Tai Chi and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can! Be a Lockdown Legend!