Wellbeing at work with Fountain Court in the heart of Birmingham’s Business District
YinYan Wellbeing CIC (a not-for-profit Community Interest Company) are delighted to be back on the 2nd & 3rd floors at Fountain Court with our friendly & welcoming classes:
Yoga with Nilda Eping 12.10pm – 12.50pm (40 mins)
Thursdays – 26th October; 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th November; & 6th December 2023
- Energise your whole day and feel brilliant in mind & body, no afternoon-slump for you! After a short warm up there will be a series of guided postures to work your whole body (with clear instructions for all levels, beginners welcome) and a short relaxation to finish leaving you refreshed and ready for the rest of your day.
- Meet on the 2nd (or 3rd floor) West Staircase, just look for our sign on the door!
- We asked people who did our Yoga classes in Birmingham how they were feeling on a scale of 1 to 10, before & after class…they went from feeling 5.9/10 before class (on average) to 9.7/10 afterwards – a 64% improvement.
- This class is suitable for all levels, including beginners – please discuss any injuries/medical conditions with us/your teacher prior to class, if in doubt use caution & consult your GP.
- Just bring yourself & a bottle of water – mats provided, or bring your own. Wear anything you can move comfortably in.
- You can book your place/mat using the links below, or email [email protected], or if you work in the building just turn up and enjoy!
Nilda Eping is a dedicated Yoga teacher who shares YinYan’s passion for holistic wellbeing, giving people the tools to help them enjoy a healthy & happy life. Originally from Germany she trained in Costa Rica in 2017 and has experienced first hand the transformative power of Yoga in fostering mindfulness, health & inner calm. Her teaching style is kind & considerate and her classes include breath-work, strength, flexibility & relaxation techniques.
In addition to onsite classes Fountain Court occupiers also get free & unlimited access to our online classes. You can drop in to onsite classes without reserving your place but you must book in advance for online classes by:
- Go to https://www.yinyan.co.uk/yinyan-login/ and “Create Profile”
- Email [email protected] with your name & email (the one you used to create your account) & tell us who you work for in Fountain Court…we’ll finish setting up your account then you can book any online/onsite classes on the class timetable below.
We can’t wait to see you! Please arrive on time, changed & ready to practice (wear anything you can move freely in). Bring your own mat or borrow one of ours. Respect others, don’t come if you are unwell & always follow the teachers instructions.
Group classes are not suitable for everybody – some conditions require specialist modifications, understanding & training – for example these classes are NOT suitable if you are pregnant. You MUST discuss any medical condition, illness and/or injury with us & your teacher prior to class – before class starts ask the teacher about the private chat option. If in doubt use caution and seek advice from your GP.
How to Access Online Classes
Bookings close 20 minutes before the class starts. Your teacher will text you a link / Zoom Meeting ID & password before class, then go to www.zoom.us/join and say hello – bonus if you have a Zoom account/download the app but you don’t need to pay anything. It’s live & interactive so you can see & hear the teacher – and can communicate with them.
– Find a space you can practice & roll out your yoga mat, blanket or rug – it’s useful to have a block or cushions handy (beginners & anybody who has had back/knee problems should sit on these for all seated postures).
– Balance your laptop, tablet, phone or TV where you can see it – it’s really useful for the teacher to be able to see you during class but everybody else can see you too so you can switch your camera off if you like.
– Live & interactive classes are amazingly similar to normal classes, you can see friends and make new ones – nice people getting together to do stuff, just like normal.
– Feel free to set up your own back ground music if you like.
– Just do what you can as gently as you like – if anything doesn’t feel right just miss it out!
How to Book – Paid & FREE Classes
Book using the sign up buttons on the schedule, click on a class for details & log in details. If you have not registered as a tenant and asked for unlimited free access then the system will ask you to pay (not necessary – see instructions above).
Classes with FREE in the title are free for EVERYBODY, they do not need payment but you do have to register. Free classes include weekly Chair Yoga and other community sessions…if you are tech savvy then sign up for an account for an isolated older friend/relative/stranger then help them get access if they can!