There are lots of reasons to give it a go and here's our top 5:
- Stress relief! Stress is routine, and although a short period of stress usually improves the quality of our work, we now know that prolonged stress reduces the speed & quality of your outputs and actually shrinks your brain…eek! So if you’re serious about being successful, you need to get serious about switching off every now and then!
- It makes you smarter! Being musical is rare as it gets both your left & right brain firing at once: Your left brain (responsible for logic, analysis etc.) gets a workout from the beat while your right brain (creativity, ideas, intuition etc.) gets stronger from the melody and emotion of the song. The YinYanBand is like your brain going to the gym!
- Confidence! Learning an instrument teaches you discipline and gives you the confidence that you can do pretty much anything you want – there will be no stopping you!
- Get a kick ass party trick! Want to impress at someone’s party/down the pub/round a campfire? Knocking out a song or two will guarantee you at least a few “Wow I didn’t know you could do that!”
- You’ll be in a band – and that feels good! There’s a certain camaraderie from shared experiences like starting a business/going to university together, or even spending the weekend at a festival. The YinYanBand is one of those experiences that can help us feel more connected to the people and world around us, making us happier and more satisfied!
So give it a go - check out the band page, join the facebook group and/or sign up on our classes page, you can sit and watch, tap your foot, sing/hum/whistle, and we can get you started playing the ukulele…whatever you want, the YinYanBand is waiting for you!
The pyramid stage at Glastonbury here we come!!