Freshly squeezed lemon water!
Waking up to a freshly squeezed glass of lemon water is fantastic for the body - all you have to do is squeeze a lemon into some water!
Here are just a few reasons why:
- It provides your body with plenty of electrolytes by way of potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- It aids digestion, so gets us, er, moving on a morning.
- It benefits liver function and helps release toxins that are stored there.
- It's a great anti inflammatory, soothing everything from joints and muscles to sore throats and inflamed tonsils.
- Its a powerful antioxidant that strengthens your immune system.
- It speeds up your metabolism, causing your body to burn calories faster.
- It can even be good for depression and anxiety! People who suffer from mental health issues can often have low potassium, so adding lemon water (which is high in potassium) to your daily routine could help with your moods!
- It cleanses your blood and arteries.
- It's even good for blood pressure! With one lemon a day estimated to reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
- It helps your body keep a higher PH level, helping fight off diseases.
- It's GREAT for your skin, containing a lot of vitamin C.
- It helps to dilute uric acid, which means it's great for reducing gout pain.
- It can help relieve heartburn.
- It can help dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits.
- It can keep hunger cravings at bay, aiding weight loss.
- It helps fight gingivitis and relieve tooth pain.
- As lemon juice is incredibly alkaline, it helps to create an environment in your body where it's harder for cancer to grow.
- It leaves you feeling a lot fresher and more revitalised.
As you can see, it really is the bees knees! Starting your day with such a healthy drink will also leave you feeling better in yourself. When you treat yourself well and really look after yourself, great things start happening - and before you know it you'll be a fully signed up member of the Yin Yan Tribe!
Give it a try for two weeks and see how you feel - it's almost as good as going to a Yoga or Pilates class!
The Yin Yan Team